Second letter from Samsad from Bangladesh to Suad in UK

 

Sender: Samsad Jahan

Senders Location: Rajshahi, Bangladesh

Receiver: Suad Khan

Receiver Location: Glasgow, UK






Translation: 

Dear Saud,


 I hope you are well. Nice to know you. I am writing to you on a lovely rainy evening.

Your subject is my favourite although I don't have much idea about it. I got an opportunity to study graphic design at the Faculty of Arts, Dhaka University. But I did not study there. Now I am studying in the Department of Islamic History and Culture at Rajshahi University.  I have always been very interested in architecture, art and diverse cultures. By studying this subject, I am constantly learning about Muslim architecture, painting and Muslim culture. In the case of painting, there is an experience of learning about various images in earlier Muslim or Islamic paintings.  Again the old building mosques and their architecture are also very attractive.  

 And oh! you may not have been told in the first letter that I am also 23 years old. I have grown up in different cities of Bangladesh since I was a child, because of my father's job.

So I have traveled and been introduced with people from different areas. By this, I have been informed about the different culture of each place.  The most surprising thing was the language. I noticed a change in the language when I went from one district to another. Although it is Bengali language.  But the style of speaking, the mannerisms, tone, accent and all were different.  These things used to attract me a lot. 

Moreover, I noticed the difference in celebrating various festivals. By working in ou OSCH project, we are constantly getting opportunities to learn about the history, traditions and culture of our country.  Which is very pleasing to me. My country is really very rich in culture. People of different religions, different customs and culture lives here.  In a word, there is diversity.  If you have time, you are cordially invited to visit this country.

 No more today. I was waiting to hear from you in your next letters. 


 From,

 Your pen friend 

Samsad Jahan







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter from Maesha from Bangladesh to Tazra in UK

Letter from Minhazul from Bangladesh to Nahian in UK

Letter from Rehaan from UK to Nabil in Bangladesh