Letter from Md. Mahadi Hasan from Bangladesh to Zidan Imtiaz in UK

Sender: Md. Mahadi Hasan Jony

Senders Location: Rajshahi, Bangladesh

Receiver: Zidan Imtiaz

Receiver Location: Glasgow, UK








Translation:


Dear
Zidane Imtiaz
First, take a lot of love. Hope you are doing very well. In the new year, you are moving forward
by arranging everything anew.
What I will share with you today is the experience of a long trip on my bicycle a few days ago.
In winter, when I get a break between studies, going somewhere on a bicycle is like an addiction
to me. Since my varsity life will end this year, I thought I could go somewhere far away for the
last time this winter. Then I and a friend of mine decided to go on a long bike tour from Rajshahi
to Kushtia.
On January 9, 2023. We set out on a foggy morning. We started the journey with a thrilling
feeling. Goal Kushtia. We have 100+ kilometers to cover, which is more than any of our
previous bike tours. That's why both doubt and enthusiasm were working in my mind. Can I
reach there at all? This suspicion was reinforced when we reached Lalanshah Bridge by late
afternoon. We found out that we cannot cross the bridge by bicycle. After finding no way, we
had to cross the bridge by lifting the bicycle in the van. After a long 13+ day tour, we reached
Kushtia at 8.45 the next night and went out in the morning to explore the city.
There was an opportunity to see some historical monuments in the city. Rabindranath Tagore's
Kuthibari and Lalonshah's shrines were seen earlier.
Now we found a new place. That is the small cottage of Rabindranath Tagore. I had no idea
about this. That's why Rabindranath's small cottage surprised me a lot. At Tagore Lodge, we
saw a rare picture of Rabindranath. The most eye-catching was the iron staircase leading to the
second floor. At every step, the picture of history seemed stirred in the mind. Apart
from this, the architecture of the building and its craftsmanship were amazing.
I understood by looking at the shape of the two-story balcony, the place has different beauty at
different times. It is like a conspiracy. So one can undoubtedly spend the
whole day sitting on the balcony.
The next day we left for Rajshahi. It was one of the most thrilling cycling experiences of my life.
Rajshahi to Kushtia, and then from Kushtia to Rajshahi, it was 270+ km in total. It was not an
easy journey for us. I may go out again in the upcoming winter, to a new destination, with my
beloved bicycle.
No more today. Good wishes for you and your family. Please answer the letter. I will wait for
that. Prayers.
Your new friend,
Mahadi Hasan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Letter from Aryan from UK to Mahi in Bangladesh

Second letter from mahi from Bangladesh to Aryan in UK

Letter from Aryan from UK to Mahi in Bangladesh