Second letter from Minhazul from Bangladesh to Nahian in UK

 

Sender: Minhazul Islam

Senders Location: Rajshahi, Bangladesh

Receiver: Nahian Iftekhar

Receiver Location: Glasgow, UK






Translation:


Dear Nahian, 

I have not been able to write to you for a long time. Finally, I sat down to write to you today.  Hope you are doing well.  I'm fine too.

I have read your letter.  You wanted to know about covid-19 and the negative aspects of the pandemic days.

 It was horrible. In fact, I shudder when I remember the days of the Covid-19 pandemic.  We have had an incredible time. Though many negative things have come to the fore during the days of the Corona pandemic, this pandemic has given us some positive messages.  It reminded us how much we have oppressed our mother nature

 Not only that, this pandemic has made us realize how far we are moving away from our loved ones day by day as we keep up growing our bonding with mechanization. This epidemic has also sent a message to the extent to which our future generations are going to be at risk due to the sick competition of our parents.

 Another thing, our young society has realized something very well during the Corona period and that is-  you have to do something yourself. And I like this thing most in that pandemic. Even there are such great ideas that I doubt whether they would have come to fruition without this pandemic.

You will be surprised to know that during the lockdown, as I have seen all the terrible scenes of the epidemic from the very front, I have also seen with my own eyes how the greening of nature and endangered biodiversity were showing their colour.  And I thought about how careless we are to preserve our nature and biodiversity.  We may not even think for once that we are surviving on the earth because of this biodiversity.  These things shocked me during the days of the pandemic when I saw the surroundings slowly filling with life.

 Let me tell you a funny story.  The incident was at the very beginning of the corona epidemic when a lockdown was imposed in Bangladesh like all other countries.  I used to work in a community radio station.  The office has given instructions that I and my two colleagues cannot go out of the office for 1 month.

 Our prison life began.  Since we used to move around a lot, it was difficult to adjust at first.  Even if I wanted to go out sometimes, there was no chance during the day. Because the entire office was covered by CCTV cameras.  That's why we didn't go out for fear of being scolded by our boss even if we wanted to.  But there was a little chance at night.


When I went out at night, I felt like I was sitting in a strange place.  The familiar environment seemed unfamiliar.  Sometimes I used to organize music sessions with the night guard uncles.  They would tell great stories, I would listen to stories about what happened in their lives, how many stories they have experienced and It was really good to hear. This is how our lockdown days passed.

 I was standing on the balcony one afternoon.  Suddenly he saw a bird.  Looks great.  White, with a tufted head and a tail like a kite's tail.  When we were kids we used to call the bird "Jhutiwala Bulbul".  Earlier, these birds were seen in abundance in mango orchards.  But for the past few years, this bird was not seen much.

 Seeing the bird suddenly, my heart was filled with joy.  It reminded me of my childhood.  When I was young, I used to find the bird's nest and see the eggs.  I used to watch the baby birds too. Then the birds disappeared.  Anyway, finally, the bird was seen again.  The room I stayed in was by the river.  The name of the river is "Baral".  It is a tributary river of Padma. That's why I love my balcony and its views.

I used to stand or sit there most of the time. There is one coconut tree, two mango trees, one moringa tree, one nyctanthes tree and two papaya trees next to the balcony. As the day went by, I noticed different kinds of birds moving in the trees.  Earlier, two crows and a weevil were sometimes seen in that coconut tree.  And then all kinds of birds started coming there. Even sometimes two birds would enter my room by mistake.

 Sometimes I saw a dove flying around the balcony.  It used to make beautiful noises at night.  Later, I noticed that the mango tree in front of the balcony made a beautiful nest and laid eggs there.  I thought about this change in these few days of Corona.  How beautiful our surroundings would be if we were a little more aware of our biodiversity.

 The times of pandemic have pushed us in the face of huge losses. But on the contrary, things like health awareness, cleaning monsoons, humane practices, and greening - have become a habit of people.

During the pandemic, our natural environment went under a drastic changes. I don't know how long these practices will last among people. But I think we should think about the positive aspects as well as the negative aspects of Covid-19.  Now is the time to think about the message that the Corona pandemic has given us.


 This epidemic has put us in a dire situation. The whole world is going through a critical situation. Just as we need to move on from this, we must be aware before we face such a dire situation in the coming days.

 Anyway, I've talked a lot. If there are any mistakes, please forgive me. Some days, I may write about more different experiences in the days of the epidemic.  Until then stay well. 

 Oh, and yes, let me know if you got my first letter. I am ending here today and I will wait for your letter.


From,

Minhaj




 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Letter from Aryan from UK to Mahi in Bangladesh

Second letter from mahi from Bangladesh to Aryan in UK

Letter from Aryan from UK to Mahi in Bangladesh