Letter from Mahi from Bangladesh to Aryan in UK

  

Sender: Ali Hase Al-Amin (Mahi)

Senders Location: Rajshahi, Bangladesh

Receiver: Aryan Kamal

Receiver Location: Glasgow, UK







Translation: 

Dear Ariyan,

How are you? Hope you are well. Today I am writing to you for the first time. I am Al-Amin Mahi. I am from Rajshahi, Bangladesh. I am studying here at a private University. According to reports Rajshahi is the cleanest city in our country. Numerous historical sites in our city illustrate its evolution. Today I will write you about one such place. "Borokuthi" is the oldest erection in the Rajshahi region of Bangladesh. I am writing this letter right next to it. The construction period of this building can not be determined precisely, but according to various sources it's believed to be the first half of the 18th century. It was initially a trading center for the Dutch. In the early 19th century the Dutch decided to wind down their activities in India and in 1814 signed an agreement with the British to hand over all the trading centers of India including "Borokuthi" to the East India Company. They took charge of "Borokuthi" and used it as their commercial center until 1833. After the establishment of Rajshahi University in 1953 this was used as its first administrative building.

This place by the river Padma is my favorite, it feels mesmerizing to sit here and look at the river. This building is the heritage of our Rajshahi city, it witnessed many ups and downs. Whenever you come to Bangladesh you must visit our city. I hope you will be as mesmerized by "Borokuthi" as I am.

I am finishing here today, looking forward to your letter.

Yours ever

Mahi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Letter from Aryan from UK to Mahi in Bangladesh

Second letter from mahi from Bangladesh to Aryan in UK

Letter from Aryan from UK to Mahi in Bangladesh